\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>>>> THREAD ORIGINALLY POSTED TO WORK INTRANET & EXTERNAL AUTISM SUPPORT SITE <<<<<<<

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\Song Name: Fix Me \\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\Original Artist: 10 Years\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\Remix By: Carly G. Fleischmann\\\\\\\\\\

Internal notes: This song was written shortly before I was hospitalized recently. I have been through a lot of trauma and abuse throughout my life. The most damaging of which occurred shortly after I turned 18 when trying to go to the police to report abuse that was continuing to happen to me from 10 years prior. The police, the abuser, and even some members of my family wanted me to suffer in the silence of not seeing the abuser held accountable for his actions. They wanted that silence to be so overwhelming that I would be driven mad by it. Now that I have found peace and comfort in the silence of being nonverbal, certain members of the aforementioned groups want to try and take that away from me by trying to force me to be verbal and communicate in the way they want me to. I say in this song ďdonít try and fix meĒ. As to say ďI am not broken in any way and just because I am nonverbal doesnít mean that I need to be Ďfixedí because I am doing what is best and most comfortable for meĒ. I feel that this song can also apply to autism in general because from what I have observed, some families and even school systems try to ďfixĒ the autism diagnosis and make the person ďnormalĒ when they are fine just the way they are and donít need to be fixed or altered in any way.

Itís taken a lifetime to find myself, a lifetime of abuse and pain. All the hurt and shame from my past, turns to sand, and fades in the wind. Crossing lines, abuse and hate; Iím taking back what is mine. Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me. Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me.

So lost for so long to find myself; I failed to conform, Iím out of place. Crossing lines, abuse and hate; Iím taking back what is mine. Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me. Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me.

Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me.

Iím fine with who I am, found peace in the silence, Iím right where I should be; donít try and fix me.